Homemade Flea Repellent
Mix equal parts white vinegar and water together in a spray bottle. Spray directly on your dog’s coat and brush or rub in.Fleas hate the smell and taste of vinegar; and do their best to avoid it.
Homemade Weed Killer
- 1 gallon of white vinegar
- 1 cup of table salt
- 1 tablespoon of liquid dish soap
Mix everything together making sure the salt is completely dissolved. Put into a spray bottle and spray directly onto the weed.
The vinegar is what kills the weeds, but the dish soap holds the vinegar in place so it stays on the plant instead of running off.
Mix Your Own Cleaning Solutions
- Ammonia, diluted with 3 parts water in an empty spray bottle can be used to clean windows, appliances and counters.
- Full strength pine oil is great for deodorizing garbage cans, and scrubbing the kitchen and bathroom floor.
- Baking soda can be used instead of scouring powder and also removes stains and odors from refrigerators and coffee pots.
- A sprinkle of dry baking soda before vacuuming will freshen the carpeting.